- US home construction rose in November, led by apartments
- Chance of recession rises to the highest level of the Trump presidency: CNBC Fed Survey
- 'Bond King' Jeffrey Gundlach says the Fed shouldn't raise interest rates this week
- Trump advisor Peter Navarro slams the Fed as the biggest risk to US economic growth
- Trump's Fed-bashing and interest-rate panic will cause a recession, not prevent one
- Investor activists press U.S. prison operators on human rights
- George Lucas's film empire tops Forbes list of richest U.S. celebrities
- Your Money: Why safety matters for your cash
- Investors gloomiest in a decade about world economy: BAML survey
- UBS says Asia's wealthy trade less, cut debt as politics shift
Top StoryU.S. hopes Lebanon's next government will work with it: State Department official
19.12.2018 SoftBank shares down on Tokyo market debut
The firm wants to raise $23bn but shares were selling below the asking price at the start of trading.
19.12.2018 How the Softbank IPO could change your life
The Japanese investment group hopes to use its $23.5bn share sale next week to invest in future-shaping technologies such as driverless cars.
A university in Finland has invented a process to turn waste wood into material for clothing.
19.12.2018 'Being called a mumpreneur is patronising'
A backlash is growing against the term describing female entrepreneurs with children.
With 100 days to go before Brexit, firms say they need "practical steps" not political infighting.
US President advises the central bank to 'feel the market' ahead of an expected interest rate rise.
18.12.2018 BA to resume flights to Pakistan
Flights will restart more than 10 years after it halted services following a major hotel bombing.
- Two migrant youths from Honduras killed in Mexico: officials
- U.S. envoy on North Korea to visit South Korea amid stalled nuclear talks
- U.S. State Department clears $3.5 billion sale of Patriot missiles to Turkey
- Cuba panel closes door on gay marriage constitutional amendment
- UK to unveil details of post-Brexit immigration system