- Plea for PM to reach out to Nauru and take on refugees
- Googling symptoms before heading to emergency department can result in better interactions with doctors, study shows
- Horror weekend in Western Bay of Plenty with two fatal crashes
- Tighter University Entrance rules lift university pass rates
- Insights: Who is paying Auckland's fuel tax?
Top StoryIran appoints former F-14 Tomcat pilot as air force chief
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran's official IRNA news agency is reporting that the country's top leader has appointed a new chief for its air force.The Sunday report says Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has appointed Gen. Aziz Nasirzadeh...
A report by the Human Rights Commission is raising eyebrows in the residential care sector after it uncovered legal and ethical issues around elderly care.The publication, This Is Not My Home , considers the legal and ethical issues...
A person who was trapped has now been freed by firefighters following a two-vehicle crash between a logging truck and a car on the Rimutaka Hill near the capital. Fire Emergency New Zealand (FENZ) crews were called to reports of...
COMMENT: Almost as practical as Paul Goldsmith's bill to let restricted drivers - including 17-year-olds - get work exemptions to drive home after hours, is Melissa Lee's NZ On Air bill.Lee's bill has been pulled from the ballot,...
Regional economic development minister Shane Jones is calling for a restructure at fraud-hit Waitangi National Trust before he hands over the cash for a new museum. Earlier this week a former financial manager, Wallace Tamamotu...
19.08.2018 Planned retirement villages will bring 320 jobs, $45m boost to Hawke's Bay, research shows
With four new retirement villages in various stages of planning, new research suggests Hawke's Bay can expect a $45 million economic boost and more than 300 new jobs, if they all pan out.Research carried out by PwC and commissioned...
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is being urged to make her offer to take refugees directly to Nauru rather than Australia. World Vision New Zealand has launched a campaign to resettle 119 children and their families who are detained...
19.08.2018 Googling symptoms before heading to emergency department can result in better interactions with doctors, study shows
Most people who use Dr Google to look up symptoms before heading to the emergency department actually have better interactions with their treating doctor, a University of Melbourne study shows.The study, published in the Medical...
- Findings could spur energy-saving electronics, quantum computing
- New algorithm fuses quality and quantity in satellite imagery
- The right squeeze for quantum computing
- Supercomputers provide new window into the life and death of a neutron
- Scientists use a photonic quantum simulator to make virtual movies of molecules vibrating