- Tourists provide good end to winter in Hawke's Bay
- Northland principal says it took four years to fill maths teaching post
- Northland marae attack, precious photos smashed off walls
- Outcast National MP Jami-Lee Ross expected to lay police complaint over Bridges today
- Salvation Army wants Government to spend $1b per subsiding renters to buy their own home
Top StoryJudge approves Elon Musk settlement with SEC
NEW YORK (AP) — A federal judge is approving a settlement between Elon Musk and federal regulators over his infamous tweet about taking Tesla private.The Securities and Exchange Commission argued the tweet was misleading and harmed...
An early morning crash in South Auckland has closed a section of road after a car crashed into a power pole, bringing lines down. The driver of the car suffered moderate injuries after the crash around 4am at the intersection of...
COMMENT: This is why they have the saying, "you can't write this stuff". Because, you can't write this stuff. You'd buy tickets for a show like this. And whoever thought that it would be the National Party? The 'we are one, we...
Can you sink any lower than stealing a 13-year-old's school tablet while she's in hospital being treated for a life-threatening allergic reaction? That's the question a shocked Whangārei family is asking after their car was...
COMMENT: Yesterday it looked like a circus, today we could just add some boxing gloves and a ring to that tent, maybe some mud.For a guy you've barely heard of from East Auckland, way to make a name for yourself Jami-Lee Ross.I...
Cloud overhead and sparse light showers will greet Aucklanders most mornings this week before the weather clears just in time for the long weekend. MetService meteorologist Andrew James said a ridge of high pressure had brought...
The uptake of a seasonal marketing strategy has been pointed to as a major reason behind a "particularly strong" end to the winter tourism season.The latest monthly Commercial Accommodation Monitor (CAM) published by Statistics...
It took Northland principal John Paitaifour years to find a head of mathematics.The Bay of Island College principal's struggle to attract staff is just one example of how the teacher shortage is affecting secondary schools in the...
- Findings could spur energy-saving electronics, quantum computing
- New algorithm fuses quality and quantity in satellite imagery
- The right squeeze for quantum computing
- Supercomputers provide new window into the life and death of a neutron
- Scientists use a photonic quantum simulator to make virtual movies of molecules vibrating