Top StoryGovernment should tell obese to eat less, says ex-minister Lord Robathan
Tory peer Lord Robathan says the government's anti-obesity drive is not working - but a minister defends it.
The Bank of England's new chief economist says it will have a "live" decision on interest rates next month.
22.10.2021 UK shop sales continue to fall in September
Retail sales in the UK fell for the fifth month in a row, according to the Office for National Statistics.
Shares opened up 6% after reports the Chinese property giant made a payment before a crucial deadline.
Why experts say cutting contrails costs less than $1bn a year but may be worth so much more.
21.10.2021 Fears over the future of free debt advice
There is growing concern that free face-to-face debt advice could be cut.
Some used car models are growing in value despite getting older, research by the motoring group suggests.
The Barbie maker announces $1.8bn net sales saying parents are prioritising spending on children.
- Afghanistan exit deadline extension 'unlikely' as situation gets 'more dangerous' - defence secretar
- Security concerns could be deciding factor in whether to extend Afghan mission
- PM urges Biden and other world leaders to stand by Afghan people ahead of virtual G7
- The girls who left everything behind: Teenagers forced to flee Taliban rule to save education chance
- 'The Taliban were going to kill me': Terrified evacuees start their new lives in the 'hopeful zone'