- Police forget firearm parts taken after search
- Hospital failures: Toddler's cardiac arrest could have been avoided
- Schools embrace learning by play after national standards abolished
- Manukau bus station set to become a night shelter for rough sleepers
- Family of eight in 3-bed house: Massive renovations for sick 4yo's home
- Ecuadorean townspeople build record pyramid of roses
- Shooting suspect in standoff at Los Angeles supermarket
- Trainer Jerry Bozzo, 97, gets win at Gulfstream Park
- 104 km that could plunge continent into war: 'Another war in Europe could happen'
- FBI documents: Trump adviser 'collaborated and conspired with Russia'
Top StoryWhanganui's diverse economy in its favour, says Infometrics
Whanganui's diverse economy could be in its favour in the longer term as analysts predict the provinces will dominate growth in New Zealand's economy for the next 18 months.The latest economic forecasts from Infometrics say the...
A 23-year-old Hamilton man died in a crash at notorious city intersection.While it's the first fatal to occur at the T intersection of Thomas and Gordonton Rds, there have been so many crashes the Hamilton City Council has reduced...
WATCH LIVE: Detective Sergeant Derek Shaw is addressing media with the latest information about the search of missing helicopter pilot Matt Wallis. Reports suggest the Wanaka-local crashed his R44 Robinson helicopter near...
Police are searching for a man on the run after an attack at a Himatangi Beach property.A police spokeswoman said police were called to the scene at around 10.30 am with reports of an altercation between two men at the property....
21.07.2018 Water rescue underway in Taupo
A water rescue is currently underway on Lake Taupo.A police media spokeswoman said a person was in the water on their back about 50m from the shore between Rifle Range Rd and Tui St.The person was waving and drifting, she said....
21.07.2018 Community search for well-known local pilot Matt Wallis, son on Sir Tim Wallis, believed missing
Fears are mounting for a well-known member of the Wanaka aviation community, after a helicopter crash yesterday.The helicopter which crashed into Lake Wanaka belonged to Matt Wallis, son of Warbirds over Wanaka founder Sir Tim Wallis.The...
Police bagged up firearm parts after a search of an Auckland property - and then forgot to take them away.The mistake was denied until the gun dealer at the centre of the search sent photos to the Independent Police Complaints Authority...
A toddler's cardiac arrest which left her with a brain injury could have been avoided if not for several treatment failures at Auckland hospital, an ACC investigation has found.There have been a handful of investigations into Jeanette...
- Findings could spur energy-saving electronics, quantum computing
- New algorithm fuses quality and quantity in satellite imagery
- The right squeeze for quantum computing
- Supercomputers provide new window into the life and death of a neutron
- Scientists use a photonic quantum simulator to make virtual movies of molecules vibrating