- Auckland woman arrested over allegedly altering drivers' licences to help teens get into clubs
- Family of Jason Newton seek answers over his 2016 death at Christchurch forklift depot
- Woman, 46, arrested over smashed graves in Hawke's Bay
- Police chase in Rotorua abandoned for safety reasons
- 'Please don't be sad for me' - Elderly Kerikeri woman tells of her own death
Top StoryOhtani pitches Angels to skid-snapping win over Rays, 5-2
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Shohei Ohtani struck out nine while throwing 7 2/3 innings of excellent six-hit ball in his seventh career start, and the Los Angeles Angels snapped their five-game skid with a 5-2 victory over the Tampa Bay...
21.05.2018 Whakatāne vote against Māori wards
Whakatāne has voted against the proposed introduction of Māori wards for the 2019 and 2022 local government elections.The final result of the binding poll was released today with just over 44 per cent of eligible voters...
The woman accusing a Kapiti councillor of indecent assault says she felt awkward and disgusted. David Scott is standing trial at Wellington District Court where a jury of six women and six men has been selected.Crown lawyer Kate...
Three young people killed in a tragic Hamilton house fire in November 2014 died from soot and smoke inhalation, the coroner has ruled.Toni Maree Johnston, 23, Jake Lindsey Hayes, 19 and Connor Swetman all died in the November 15,...
Police have charged a Chilean man with causing the deaths of two Far North women in a head-on smash last Tuesday.Twenty-eight-year-old Chilean national Dante Felipe Basaez Vera denied two charges of careless driving causing death...
A Wellington cyclist had an experience straight from the Outback during a morning bike ride after coming across a wallaby on a city street. Unfortunately the Australian native was dead, lying in the gutter in Happy Valley Rd, which...
21.05.2018 Auckland woman arrested over allegedly altering drivers' licences to help teens get into clubs
An Auckland woman has been arrested for allegedly altering drivers' licence details for high school students, with the suspected intent of helping minors get into bars and clubs. Police say the actions of the offender has put large...
The devastated family of a worker killed at his Christchurch depot two years ago are demanding answers into how he died. Jason Newton, 36, died when a heavy truck ramp fell and struck his head at Forklifts NZ in Hornby on February...
- Supercomputing the emergence of material behavior
- Mechanical force controls the speed of protein synthesis
- Bitcoin estimated to use half a percent of the world's electric energy by end of 2018
- New device could increase battery life of electronics by a hundred-fold
- The first wireless flying robotic insect takes off