- Shutdown won't stop key jobs report or CPI, but other data could be impacted
- US home price growth slowed in October
- Trump lashes out at Fed — again: 'They're raising interest rates too fast'
- 'I'm stunned' by all the recession talk — Mohamed El-Erian warns against self-fulfilling prophecie
- NY Fed President John Williams says the Fed could re-evaluate view in 2019 — stocks jump
The Federal Open Market Committee, as expected, unanimously approved keeping the federal funds rate in a range of 2 percent to 2.25 percent. The central bank made only a few tweaks to its statement.
- Indonesia orders flights to steer clear of erupting Anak Krakatau volcano
- Greek TV says explosive device wounds police officer in central Athens
- Indonesia reroutes all flights around erupting Anak Krakatau volcano
- Lost idol: New wave of Myanmar youth activists look beyond Suu Kyi
- China to try Canadian citizen on drugs charges: news report