- Mortgage demand from homebuyers shows unexpectedly strong and quick recovery, as applications spike
- New home sales rose slightly in April, defying expectations of a huge 22% drop, as prices fall
- Home prices gained strength as coronavirus shut down economy in March, S&P Case-Shiller says
- May unemployment looks worse than expected, signaling another bad jobs report could be coming
- Mitch McConnell says next coronavirus bill will not extend enhanced unemployment benefits
- Ackman says hedge fund up 27% year to date, dumped Berkshire
- Ackman says portfolio is up as much as 27%, sold Berkshire recently
- Starboard set to win eight board seats at GCP Applied Technologies-sources
- Northern Trust shutting fund; an outlier or sign of future risk?
- Retirement services provider Human Interest extends funding round to $50 million
U.S. consumer spending rose moderately in February and momentum is set to fade rapidly in the coming months, with the coronavirus pandemic upending life for Americans.
- Zurich airport plans robot cleaners, mask dispensers as travel curbs ease
- Romania to further ease lockdown restrictions from June 1
- Merkel urges fellow leaders to contribute more to multilateral organisations
- Britain deeply concerned by China's legislation for Hong Kong: PM's spokesman
- Mumbai DJ swaps deck for doctor's scrubs to fight coronavirus