- The real reason Oscar-winner Nicole Kidman is so passionate about sunscreen
- Jab, hook and punch — before you pound some pasta
- Summer is calling: Fitness gear to get you outdoors – and moving
- L.A. looks up to its skyline and rooftops for fun and fitness
- Fourth of July BBQ draaaanks that won't blow your diet
- Education and Solidarity Network will relentlessly advocate for improved health and well-being in ed
- Educators in the EU and Japan demand education be left out of trade agreement
- Iraq: teacher union expands to better advocate for quality public education
- Brazil: trade union’s resistance to attacks on education
- Indonesia: governmental promise to hire 100,000 teachers and bridge the teacher gap
- United Airlines passenger claims flight attendants 'started making jokes' after she moved away from
- Millennials choosing ‘Instagrammable’ destinations for next trip, survey says
- Half of American pet owners have never left the country since owning their pet, study finds
- Vaping pilots who caused Air China flight to drop 21,000 feet lose licenses
- 'Serial Stowaway' deemed fit to stand trial, must wear ankle monitor, judge rules
- Republicans, Democrats look to use Kavanaugh nomination as weapon in midterm fight
- In apparent gaffe, Ocasio-Cortez calls for Democrats to 'flip this seat red'
- Biden, mulling 2020 run, calls Trump immigration policies 'one of the darkest moments in our history
- Trump calls Cohen's taping of phone call 'inconceivable,' possibly illegal
- The dating swamp: How finding love in DC may be impossible for young Trump and GOP staffers
Nut milks, infused oils, fresh herbs and homemade breads made with whole wheat. Here are a few gadgets home cooks might enjoy using to make the kinds of staples many of us wish were at hand’s reach. Admittedly, some of these prices are steep. (You could, after all, make your own infused oils in...
It wasn’t the number on the scale that galvanized Reza Farahan into doing something about his weight gain. It was a quip from a friend he hadn’t seen in a long time.
“He said, ‘When did you give up on life?’” Farahan recalls. “It was the proverbial slap in the face. I dug up photos from my 20s...
The word “collagen” is derived from “kolla,” the Greek word for glue. Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies and the structural protein for our connective tissue.
Since we stop producing collagen in our mid- to late 20s, can digestible collagen rejuvenate us, helping to turn back the...
Self-improvement is at hand with these mostly free July and August events:
Aim to spend the day Tuesday at the Hum Together at the Grove series, which starts with a Beauty Body Sculpt class led by popular fitness studio Lekfit, moves into a talk on gut health, includes coaching on breath work and...
Try as we might to eat well, sometimes it takes superhuman strength to resist the siren call of the potato chip. And many of the supposedly “healthier” alternatives on the market are just watered down versions of the real thing, still salty, fatty and loaded with calories.
“There are a lot of really...
Nicole Kidman’s porcelain skin is discussed as often as her hit HBO show “Big Little Lies,” so it should come as no surprise that the Oscar winner is an advocate for sun protection.
During a recent sunny afternoon at the “Everyday is a SUNday” symposium on skincare sponsored by Neutrogena, Kidman...
When news that the once-scrappy Santa Monica gym Gloveworx was expanding to Century City crossed my radar, I almost dismissed it as yet another new boxing gym. Then, I discovered the Century City Gloveworx is located across from Eataly, a seemingly Colosseum-sized destination for Italian food....