- Argentina: “Seguimos Educando”, an initiative to combat the crisis
- Costa Rica: Education Unions Call for Food Distribution Following Closure of Schools
- UK: ‘Brave’ education staff in open schools need extra protection during COVID-19 outbreak
- Taiwan: prompt action to stop the spread of COVID-19 and keep schools open and safe
- Japan: Teachers’ union in dialogue with government to address major challenges after country-wide
- In the Quarantine Age, an indoor sport seizes center stage
- Kings turn to video game simulations to keep fans engaged amid coronavirus shutdown
- AIDS crisis shaped Anthony Fauci, disease expert at front lines of coronavirus pandemic
- Governors shrug off Trump's insults as they plead for federal aid
- Coronavirus outbreak at Yucaipa nursing home leaves 12 infected, one dead
27.03.2020 Education unions in Nordic countries join forces with public authorities to fight COVID-19 pandemic
Educators in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden are using well-developed social dialogue channels and information technology to help curb the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak.
27.03.2020 Guiding principles on the COVID-19 pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to grow at an alarming rate, resulting in numerous infections and fatalities across the globe. The impact on education has been devastating, with UNESCO reporting that over 1.5 billion students had been affected due to school closures in 165 countries as of 26 March 2020; this is more than 87 percent of all registered students. Over 63 million teachers and large numbers of education support personnel have also been affected by the pandemic.
Honduran teachers will receive extra support from their union in the form of economic aid for older adults and pregnant women, in a joint effort by teachers to offset the crisis caused by the closure of schools.
26.03.2020 Philippines: Higher education union negotiates financial support for educators during COVID-19 unive
The National Alliance of Teachers and Office Workers is assisting its members in negotiations with employers so that educators receive financial support during school closures in the Philippines. The union is also offering students remedial online sessions.
The COVID-19 crisis has had an unprecedented impact on education, with over 80% of the global student population unable to attend classes as 156 countries have implemented nation-wide school closures. The task of continuing education in this difficult context is daunting but essential. We’ve collected some of the best resources available to help guide and inspire educators.
Following the closure of schools as a result of COVID-19, teachers in Argentina are working together to create educational content that would be accessible to all students.
In the wake of Costa Rica's move to close schools, education union ANDE has proposed that food be provided to the most vulnerable families.