- Grace and Will: An Excerpt from Mary Gabriel’s New Book ‘Ninth Street Women’ on Painter Grace
- Morning Links: Chip Shop Edition
- Auction Records for Helen Frankenthaler, Joan Mitchell Could Fall at Christie’s Evening Sale in No
- Here’s a Look at What the Whitney Museum Has Acquired Over the Past Year
- Muses: Lonnie Holley on Thornton Dial, African Village in America, and Gee’s Bend Quilts
- Cottage in France made entirely of chocolate available to book for a limited time
- Delta flight blows tires during emergency landing at JFK airport
- Disney World offering new flexible pricing plan starting in October
- Bali considering banning bikini-clad tourists from taking photos at holy sites
- GoAir passenger and first-time flier tries to open emergency exit door thinking it was the bathroom
The program will fund research fellowships, an oral history project, and other efforts. Read More
The post Getty Research Institute Launches African American Art History Initiative, Acquires Betye Saar’s Archive appeared first on ARTnews.
Thompson was nominated for an artwork made in collaboration with Diamond Reynolds, the former girlfriend of Philando Castile. Read More
See images from one notable show every weekday. Read More
The post ‘DRAG: Self-portraits and Body Politics’ at Hayward Gallery, London appeared first on ARTnews.
She joins the organization from the New School's Vera List Center for Art and Politics. Read More
The post Independent Curators International Names Amanda Parmer Director of Programs appeared first on ARTnews.
The book, published by Little Brown, recounts female artists' unbending ambitions and the evolution of an economy in which their work has been undervalued. Read More