- S&P cuts Turkey credit rating deeper into junk territory
- White House economic advisor Kudlow confirms trade talks to resume with China later this month
- Trump thinks his tariffs are saving the US steel industry
- US jobless claims fall for a second straight week
- US homebuilding rebounded less than expected in July from a nine-month low
On North Korea, the government of dictator Kim Jong Un threatened to walk away from a planned summit after bellicose words from national security adviser John Bolton - who was then publicly overruled by President Donald Trump.
On China, trade negotiations have been undermined by fierce infighting...
- New Pakistan PM Khan calls for austerity; wants bullet-proof cars sold
- Pompeo says 'time for peace' as Afghanistan announces ceasefire with Taliban
- Netanyahu and Bolton discussions focus on Iran nuclear program
- Tense calm on Brazil-Venezuelan border after anti-immigrant riot
- Muslims begin annual haj pilgrimage amid heavy rain